WIN International Symposium on Frontiers in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
Wednesday, Jun 5, 2019 at 9:00 AM EDT
Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology International Symposium on
Frontiers in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology - Smart and Functional Materials
The Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN) is pleased to host an International Symposium on the Frontiers in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology focussed on Smart & Functional Materials on June 5 and 6, 2019.
This is a unique opportunity to hear from leading researchers in nanoscience and nanotechnology. Interact with scientists and engineers who are fundamentally changing our world and helping solve some of humanity's most pressing issues.
June 5, 2019:
- Dr. Hans-Jurgen Butt, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Physics, Germany 9-10 a.m.
- Dr. Scott T. Retterer, Centre for Nanophase Materials Science, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, U.S 10:55-11:40 a.m.
- Dr. Ajay Sood, Indian Institute of Science, India 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Dr. Drew Higgins, McMaster University, Canada 2:30-3:15 p.m.
June 6, 2019:
- Sir Mark Welland, University of Cambridge, U.K. 9-10 a.m.
- Dr. Pavadee Aungkavattana, National Nanotechnology Centre (NANOTEC), Thailand 10:15-10:45 a.m.
- Dr. Marija Drndic, University of Pennsylvania, USA 11-11:45 a.m.
- Dr. Kazuhito Hashimoto, National Institute for Materials Science, Japan 2-3 p.m.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1 CA
Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology
WIN is a global centre of excellence for nanotechnology and its applications. Based in the University of Waterloo, WIN's scientists and engineers are making fundamental breakthroughs, discoveries and innovations that have both local and global impacts.