Clinical Trials Ontario Information Session
Wednesday, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:30 PM EST
The Centre for Bioengineering and Biotechnology and the University of Waterloo Office of Research Ethics are pleased to host an information session with Clinical Trials Ontario.
Clinical Trials Ontario (CTO) representatives will detail:
- The CTO model including how it works and how it focuses on all research, not just clinical trials.
- The new QuickSTART program
- Challenges around REB parity and the CTO Qualification Program
- Challenges of contracts, standardizing documents, training of researcher teams, online systems, etc.
- The Trial Site Network
Andrew Haller, PhD, Industry Outreach Associate, Clinical Trials Ontario
Matthew D’Ascanio, Associate Director – Streamlined Research Ethics Review, Clinical Trials Ontario
LOCATION: EC5 1111 Enterprise theatre
University of Waterloo East Campus 5
305 Phillip Street - University of Waterloo East Campus 5 Waterloo, ON N2L 5Z5 CA
Centre for Bioengineering and Biotechnology, University of Water
CBB is a catalyst for advancing bioengineering and biotechnology research and innovation through industry collaborations and partnerships.
More than 155 faculty members, from every faculty on campus, are actively engaged with the centre, working in collaboration to provide a resource of varying expertise.
Our mandate is to build healthy, active partnerships between centre researchers and corporate members through collaborative projects, mutual interest building, and networking events.
Top research applications:
- Computational and Disease Modelling
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Devices
- Sensors and Diagnostics